Sunday, March 6, 2011

305 Till I Die?

For those of you who know me well enough, you probably know how I have a love hate relationship with Miami. Being born and raised in Miami, I see the appeal that many have when first coming here to visit or on vacation. But living here 24/7 for 18 years shows you the good, the bad, and the extremely ugly. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of people feel like this when it comes to their hometowns (or so I would think).

Miami might consist of beautiful people, appealing beaches, exciting night life, and much more. But when you live here you also see the horrible driving, the extremely rude people, and the humidity 24/7, just to name a few.

After spending some time with my friend Frankie (who is from Palm Bay) in Miami, I realized that while I complain constantly about being from here, I couldn't imagine growing up anywhere else.

I've had the opportunity to witness a city with so many cultures, beautiful surroundings, and most importantly live near most of my family. So while I might not rep the phrase "305 Till I Die" I will start appreciating the city that given me so much.

XOXO, A

No comments:

Post a Comment