Friday, March 11, 2011

Just What the Doctor Ordered!

While I've been soaking up bronchitis instead of the sun this Spring Break, it occurred to me.. Yeah, the 5 different types of medicine my doctor given me has helped me get on my way back to health, but there are some other things that have also been doing the job. FOOD! Even though this might not have been my ideal way to spend my break, I have gotten to spend time with family, friends, and eat lots of good food.

This morning, Kathryn made french toast! Two words to describe it: AMAZINGLY YUMMY! Challah bread really does make the biggest difference. There are so many ways people like to make french toast, but over at the A household, we really like making it with candied pecans. For any of you who want to be adventuresome, heres the recipe.

For the french toast bater:
* 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk
* Eyeball a nice amount of cinnamon
* Teaspoon of vanilla extract
* 3 rounded tablespoons of brown sugar
* 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk (heavy cream or half and half can also be used)
This cooks up 5 to 6 pieces of challah bread

For the candied nuts:
* 3 tablespoons of butter
* 6 tablespoons of brown sugar
* A splash of cinnamon
* When the sugar comes to a boil, add the nuts. Stir and reduce the heat
* Keep on a low heat until ready to serve


Hope you all try this out!! Let me know what ya think :)

XOXO, A&E

No comments:

Post a Comment